For the foreseeable future, we will not be running face-to-face or Zoom courses as we need to focus on other projects. However, you can still do all of our existing self-study courses – at your own pace and at a time of your convenience.
Plan smarter and get the most from your coursebook
Understand how coursebooks are organised and how they relate to the way students learn languages, so that you can plan your lessons smartly and add real value to the material.
I’m really pleased with it. Sometimes I go back to it and try to recall things. One thing I found extremely helpful was affordances. I love it how I can just take a single glimpse at a sentence or word and add extra value. It works out quite well.
Teaching languages at low levels
In this course you’ll understand how a traditional grammar-led syllabus can fail to address the real problems for new learners of a foreign language. We’ll show you how an approach focused on enabling real communication can bring benefits in terms of more motivating lessons and overall outcomes.
I loved the course because not many people speak about beginners as people with a background and opinions. I watched everyday the videos after teaching beginner classes and felt that everything the teacher was saying made so much sense and was attainable. Most importantly: I couldn’t wait to try it out with my students the next day!
Maria Eva Golinelli
Great course for those who have never taught beginners or are simply feeling a bit rusty from not teaching the level for some time. Loved working with Andrew and a group of professional, dedicated colleagues.
Teaching Listening Better
This course is designed to help you help your students listen – and hear – better. It gives you tricks, tools and techniques to take into your classroom and shows you how to get more out of the listening lessons in whatever coursebook you use.
What you get
- 8-12 hours of core self-study tasks, video and written content.
- Complete freedom to start and study when you like, with access for one year.
- Additional links to content from Lexical Lab and external sites to extend your knowledge.
- A free webinar from Lexical Lab. Webinars take place once a month on a variety of ELT topics.
- Use of an in-course discussion board to share your ideas and ask questions.
- Access to our community Facebook site for all online courses
- Live online meet-ups with tutor and fellow participants.
- An automated electronic certificate of completion with the name of the course and the Lexical Lab logo.
- Discount on future courses on completion.
- Normal price £80
Special Offer! Course bundle
Do any two self-study courses for just £120
Sign up to our mailing list for further updates, special offers, etc.
If you have specific queries about our Online Teacher Development courses, contact email@example.com.