July 15th – July 19th 2019
21.5 classroom hours
Returning students receive a 10% discount.
Students paying before February 1st 2019 receive a 10% discount.
Groups receive a discount of 5% (2 people), 10% (3-5 people), 15% (6+).
Only one discount will apply. Discounts apply to course and registration fee, but do not apply to accommodation.
Most teachers will write for their class at some point, whether it’s a vocabulary quiz or a discussion task, a lesson based around an authentic text or even a whole course. Guided by Hugh and Andrew, with their vast experience in materials writing and publishing, this course will help you produce better materials. We consider the principles underlying developing materials and how they will be used in class by you and other teachers and provide workshops where you bring your own material to get advice and develop. You will be expected to bring your own device to work on these materials. We also believe that the process of writing materials will make you a stronger teacher. Minimum requirement for teachers and materials writers of B2.
At the end of this course, you will
● leave with improved materials for your class
● be clearer about your own principles underlying your teaching and materials writing
● be better able to think about how your material fits with outcomes
● take more into account the users of the material
● have an insight into the professional publish process.
What our students say:
“An amazing course, that gives you the tools and mechanisms of how to create your own teaching materials. Many thanks to Andrew Walkley and Hugh Dellar. Special thanks for cultural and social activities you’ve organized for us and places off the beaten track you’ve showed us. It’s been a great experience and a pleasure to meet wonderful colleagues from all over the world and share our experience. Hope to see you next year.”
“The course gave me a huge amount of food for thought and really motivated me to review my teaching.”
* There is a registration fee of £80 on top of all prices that covers all materials, admin and entrance fees for timetabled activities.
Busy thinking up vocabulary exercises
An afternoon trip to Brixton, south London